Immigration Issues/marriage to a US Citizen and i am a UK citizen

Question
I am a UK citizen my partner is a US citizen.. what would be the correct path to take to enable me to temporary live and work in the US asap.. would marriage mean immediate US citizenship

Answer
Marriage does not mean immediate citizenship.  However, it does mean Immediate Permanent Resident Visa.  But as with all things related to the government, the word Immediate does not mean NOW.

You have two options.  File for the Visa in the UK, and then wait for the process at the embassy which can take 2 to 18 months.  Or come to the US, and then get married here.  After marriage, you then apply for the visa along with an adjustment of status.  Now this may take 2 to 3 years, but while you are waiting you are legally in the US and can work.

If you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Alexander J. Hay