Immigration Issues/marriage under F1 Visa

Question
My daughter came to USA in Jan 2004 on F1 Visa to do her MS,which she has yet to complete. We have selected an US-based Indian groom,having a H1B Visa. Can she marry him? If so, which is the most favourable State? What will be her visa status?  

Answer

After marriage, your daughter can either maintain her F-1 status, or change status to H-4. The advantage of changing status to H-4 is that she can discontinue her studies if she wishes. The advantage of maintaining F-1 status is that she can work part-time on campus, and  receive OPT after graduation.

The state where the marriage takes place is not relevant.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora