You are here:

Immigration Issues/marriage visa question


i'm a UK citizen who recently married a US citizen whilst living in the states. i
was recently told by our immigtation lawyer that our case could not be
processed any further due to me having overstayed on visas (one J1 and one
tourist visa) twice before. we were told that once was forgiven but twice
means nothing can be done. due to some other problems we had with this
lawyer not seeming to be very knowledgable we are trying to find a second
opinion on this matter. your help is very much appreciated.

I am sorry that I will not be able to answer your question based on the facts that you have provided. If you have been on J-1 visa you may be subject to the 2 year residency outside the US. If you are not satisfied with your current lawyer, I would strongly advise you to get another one.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.