Immigration Issues/Can I get married?


I have dual citizenship and I have both Venezuelan and Spanish passports.  I came in with my Spanish passport because the visa in the Venezuelan one was expired and Iím sure you know that EU members donít need a visa. I stayed passed the 3 months "tourist" period. The question is: Can I get married to a US citizen, and what documentation would I need to do so in TN, AR, FL, and/or NV? Another question: Do you know anything about a possible law like the "Cuban Adjustment Act" regarding Venezuelans? Thank you!!!

I am not exactly sure what you are asking here?  As to whether or not you can get married, the answer is yes, you can. If the spouse is a US citizen, then you can apply for a permanent visa through your spouse.  As for the rest of your question, I really don't know what you are talking about.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]