Immigration Issues/married Canadian citizen, parents applied for F2B visa

Question
Hello,
I am Indian Born and now Canadian citizen (married).
My parents are US Citizen , they did my petition of F2(B) visa in 2006.
Could you please let me know approximate, how long time takes to open myfile for USVISA?
thanks
shree

Answer

You are now in the F3 category based upon your marriage. I recommend the filing of another I-130 petition by your parents with request to the USCIS to maintain the earlier priority date of 2006. Even so, it will probably take another 6 or 8 years until the priority date is current under the F3 category. The visa chart can be accessed here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora