You are here:

Immigration Issues/married to an illegle


my husband is illegal,from mx.  we filled out all the paper work ins asked for ,he was still turned for change of status because he is here wit out any entry paper work what can we do?

What do you mean "turned in"?  Of course your husband will face the consequences of violating US immigration law.  Being married to a US Citizen does not cured the problem.
That being said, this does not mean he will be required to depart the US long has he has not violated any other law or committed identity theft (using a false social security card, or other such document.
What will happen, he will given a notice to appear (NTA) to appear for a deportation hearing.  If you have a valid marriage, the judge will likely grant him a stay of deportation pending adjudication of your permanent resident petition for him.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Immigration Law enforcement Border Patrol


30 years Immigration law enforcement/management, criminal investigations, Homeland Security including Border Patrol operations

©2017 All rights reserved.