Immigration Issues/marrige


i am Indian marry with Mexican girl for last 6 year  his brother want to marry with Indian girl my self and my wife went to India last Nov she seen girl one girl for her brother now we want to go India and get married but she is not that good with English specking give me the suggestion what should we do about marriage

Dear Ajay:
I would suggest that the couple first correspond with each other, and your brother in law to visit India meet the girl and then decide if they would like to marry each other despite the language barrier.  I would also suggest that he brings her in under a K-1 fiancee visa and then adjust status in the US.

As for the language issue it should not be a barrier, if they decide to get engaged with a intent to marry. Though the consulate officer would require extensive documentation to show the bona fides of the marriage in this context.

Ramasamy Krishnan
Ashley & Krishnan
9801 Westheimer
Suite 302
Houston, TX 77042

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.