Immigration Issues/merriage after

Question

-------------------------

Followup To

Question -

-------------------------
Question -
  After I got a "U" Interim Relief, I married a US citizen in US. Will I be able to adjust status with out coming back to my home country?
Thank You.
Tatsiana.

Answer -
did you enter the country legally?

Robert

Answer-
Yes.

Answer -
If you entered legally you do not have to go home for Green Card. Your husband can file for you here. Let me know if you need a good lawyer to process the paperwork.

Robert
_________________________________________________
Dear Robert! Thaks a lot for the information you have been giving us. I would like to have a lawyer and that what I have been looking for. But honestly I'm a little confused. I described my sityation before and you did answer to me:
 Subject   K-1 to "U" Interim Relief to marriage
Question   I came on K-1, my fiance (US citizen from Afghanistan)didn't marry, and continued to live with me. After 3 years I got restraining order and got "U" Interim Relief. Last year I got married, but I-485 was dinyed because I didn't marry x-fiance. Our I-130 is approved and sent to NVC.
? Am I facing deportation and what should I do? Why "U" was ignored by INS Officer?

Sincerely,
Tatsiana D.        

Answer   You violated your status after being in the US 90 days and not marrying the petitioner.  Althought I-130 petition was approved, you are still deportable.

As you said, I don't have to go back home after marriage, because I came here legally. "U" Interim Relief as i know is giving to immigrants who  violated 8CFR sec.245.1 because they were victims of domestic voilence. My x-fiancee made me llegal intentionaly. Now, after I marryed US citizen my case was denied and in the letter from USCIS was not a single world about "U". Just like I came here to marry one and desided to marry onother. My situation is completely different. I don't know what to expect now. We are still waiting for some kind of letter from NVC.
Thank you for your time, work and help. Sincerely,
Tatsiana D.  

Answer
U visa does not solve the problem that you can not adjust if you do not marry K-1 sponsor and get papers through him. You will have to consular process. If you have not been here illegally for a period of more than 180 days, you should be fine.

Robert

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>