Immigration Issues/midsmeanor

I have read about a bill that was introduced to the congress by Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Edward M. Kennedy (D-Mass.).  This would give illegal immigrants guest worker visas.
This is my question, I read that the person who appies for the visa(if the law is approved), will have to go through a background check.
A year ago I got a D.U.I, do you think that such a midsmeanor could prevent me from getting the guest worker visa?

It is a pending bill that is meaningless at this point.  The precise wording of this will likely be changed so discussion of what the words say today is really meaningless.

It may never pass at all.  However, I doubt that one simple DUI will be a problem.

James D. Mills, Esq.

I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.

I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997