You are here:

Immigration Issues/name check for Green Card


My I-485 is pending only for FBI name check. I finished interview with USCIS one year ago. I understand that the applicant for citizenship can file a case in federal court in order to get a decision after waiting 120 days after interview. My question is: can the applicant for greencard also file a case in order to get a decision? Do the court normally make a favorable decision for applicant?

Thank you!

There is nothing to prevent filing a mandamus actioni n Federal Court. It will cost you alot of money to hire a lawyer for it, but otherewise, it may be awhile before they adjudicate the case. I have a case pending 3 years for name check for someone who does not want to spend the money to go to Federal Court.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.