Immigration Issues/naturalization


I passed written/oral USA history/civics test at citizenship interview, however immigration officer has arequirement for evidence to prove contiuous residence in USA during an extended absence for more than sixmonth and less then a year.

Then you need to provide the evidence.  The problem is that you need to have a "continuous" residence of 3 to 5 years.  If you were gone for more than 6 months, than that residence was not continuous, and may result in denial of your petition.

Good luck.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.