Immigration Issues/I need a 411


My boyfriend and his friends are illegal in the United States, They all live together in an apartment where the owner rent the rooms. Someone in the household didn't like them there so they called immigration. I'm not going to lie. He is a gang member but not active. yes he tattoos. And they found a gun in apartment. My question want is mostly likely to happen this case? I need to know some information so I'm not surprise of what will happen.

Although you didn't say anything, it seems he was arrested???  If he was arrested, and he was illegal, then he will be handed over to the Immigration as soon as the criminal issues are resolved.  This may be the case even if the charges against him are dropped, though there have been instances when a jail will mistakenly release someone when they should have been handed over to immigration for deportation.

Although his membership in a gang, tattoos, associations with guns and drugs is a problem, the real issue is his illegal status. If he was singing in a choir at a church when all this happened, he would still be deported.  What will be different is if he is convicted of a crime. Then it might be very difficult for him to ever come back under any legal circumstances.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]