Immigration Issues/i need help


hello, my husband abandoned me about 5 months ago and from that day on I haven't heard or seen him at all. I don't know where he is. He is illegal.
I found out he was using me, just to get his papers.
So now, the question is: How can I cancel all his papers?

Please let me know ASAP!

I would really appreciate your help.

Send a letter to the Immigration office where the papers are being processed, and inform them of these facts. Give them his name and any numbers that may be associated with the filing. Since you are the petitioner, you have the right to cancel the visa application. However, if the visa has already been issued, then it is issued. But the 2 year conditional status will not be waived without your cooperation.

Good luck.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.