Immigration Issues/notify embassy


hi, i dont know if my question is appropriate on your category of expertise, i am currently an international student with only 1 semester attending a community college, recently i filled an h1b visa that got approved. the thing is i changed my status here in america for my student visa and working visa. the one who filled my papers supposedly have to check change of status instead she cheked notify embassy. and to my surpissed i used a lawyer to handle my case. how risky am i going to go through on this one? and does a working visa required to have finger printing? please help me thanks

There is a security check before issuance of visas and also your subject to a security check at the port of entry.
If you provide all the documentation required by the US consulate it should be a pretty regular process. The US consulates in some countries such as India and China are very particular and require detailed documentation prior to issuance of visas.
Hope this helps.
Ramasamy Krishnan
Attorney at Law
Ashley & Krishnan
9801 Westheimer, Suite 302
Houston, TX 77042

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.