Immigration Issues/parents

Question
my sister will be a citizen next year, can she fill out 2 seperate I130 forms for my parents so they can live in the USA year round?  they currently live in the country for 6 months of the year and then return to Canada.  Also how long will it take and can they remain in the USA year round while it is being porocessed?

Answer
Dear Mike:
YOur sister can file for your parents only after she becomes a citizen. She can file both the I-130 and I-485 concurrently at that time, which will allow them to stay in the US. But you need to make sure that they do not enter the US as a visitor with the intent to immigrate. I would suggest that you consult with an attorney before you proceed.
Sincerely,

Ramasamy Krishnan
Ashley & Krishnan
9801 Westheimer
Suite 302
Houston, TX 77042
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan