Immigration Issues/passport related

hi I have a question about my passport, I have a foreign passport and expires in july but I have an appointment for interview with immigration for adjustment of status in august so the passport will be expired for the interview ... is it going to be ok having the passport expired or not ... i talked to the foreign consulate and they told me that i needed the green card or something that states that i'm legally residing in US but that s why i'm going to the interview for .. thank u very much i appreciate it

You should speak to your attorney (I hope you have one since it sounds as if your are currently illegally present in the US) but ordinarily, USCIS will not stamp an expired passport.  They may issue card bearing the stamp.  Of course, this all assumes that the case is approved at the interview and it is quite possible that it will not be.  Background checking has held up some of my cases for more than a year.

James D. Mills, Esq.

I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.

I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997