You are here:

Immigration Issues/two passports and working in Europe


I was born and raised in the US but I spent some college time in Europe and would like to go back there to work.  I would need to get a EU passport to get work easily.  My mother is British and still carries a British passport and has a green card for the US.  I was born after 1983 and can therefore get a British passport.  Can I have two passports, one for working over there and one to return to the US?  

I can only speak for US immigration law.  You are a US citizen and can come into the US as you please, as long as you have not renounced your US citizenship.  As far as working in Great Britian, you will need to address your question on documentation and working to those authorities.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Immigration Law enforcement Border Patrol


30 years Immigration law enforcement/management, criminal investigations, Homeland Security including Border Patrol operations

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]