Immigration Issues/pending aos; expiring h1b/I-94

Good day! I have a pending AOS (check not yet encashed) and my h1b visa and 1-94 will be both expiring by Nov1,2007. What will be my status by Nov1? Should i be leaving the country?Am i still allowed to work given this unfortunate situation? What is the best thing to do?Your expertise on this matter is highly appreciated.

If you have properly filed an adjustment of status application you would not be required to leave the country while it is pending.  There have been receipt delays lately and I would suggest that you apply for an H extension if possible.

However, if you are not able to get an extension, you cannot continue working under the H category.  
Good luck.
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient