You are here:

Immigration Issues/get permanet resident


hi Alexander, I'm from Costa Rica I came to the US with a Student Visa but expired 4 years ago,I just got married to a Citizen, want will be the best way for me to get the resident and the green card. Do I have to paid any money for being ileagal this time and if I have worked is that going to affect my apliccation what kind of question to they ask in the interview.
thank you for your help  

There should be no problem, but you should have your spouse file the petition and supporting documetns sooner rather than later.

If you would like assistance with this matter, we can assist you for a reasonable fee.

ps:  I just got back from Costa Rica - why on earth would anyone leave Costa Rica to live here????

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.