Immigration Issues/question

Question
I have an immigration question, I have a 31 year old male canadian friend coming down to live with us.  What has to happen for him to find a job, does he need a greencard, and if so how do we go about getting him one, and about how long will it take to process and everything before he can actually go out and get work.  Can he just come down from canada, and start work immediately, or apply for a greencard, and try to find work in the meantime, how does all this work, thank you.
If it helps you just explain whatever you can about it the best you can, that would be enough.

Answer
No, a green card is not required.  There are several possible working visas that would permit employment but the analsis of which visa to use it too broad to answer without reviewing his credentials and the position.  As a general matter, the greater his education, the more options that are available.

James D. Mills, Esq.