Immigration Issues/question


Hi it's going to be 2 years that entered the US with a student visa (F1).I'm living in HOUSTON, TX. I met my girl friend 11 months ago, and we planning to get married. My questions are: do i need to have lawyer for that? I'm going to able change my status from temporary resident to permanent resident? I'm going to be in trouble with the law?  thanks for your help.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.  I do not foresee any problems with you getting married and adjusting your status.  As is the case with all marriage based adjustments, the USCIS will want to make sure the marriage is bonafide.  My firm could assist you in this.  Good luck.
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]