Immigration Issues/questions asked by border guards

Question
hi. i would like to know what the reason is behind questions asked by border guards. when i arrived in the country, i was asked, when was the last time i was in my home country, and what is the reason for entering the country. also, can you give me a list of questions, that are asked by customs/immigration when someone is entering a country?

Answer
The questions border officers ask are used to determine exactly what your purpose is for entering the United States, determining your alienage and whether or not you are in status, if you are following US Customs laws, etc.
Will I provide a list of quaetions?...there are not set list of questions per se.  It is up to the officer and what he detects.  Remember, even if you have a visa if your answers are not satisfactory to the officer, entry into the US can be denied by that officer.

David