Immigration Issues/reopen a case


a 80 year old lady from Armania was ordered to be deported in 1999 after her asylum was denied, the appeal was dismissed in 2003 (she never received notices). Now her daughter is an Americna Citizen who wants to petition her through I130.

how to obtain the decision of her case (the attorney doesnt have her files any more), how to reopen her case and can her daughter petition for her directly through I130?



Dear Kathy:

You cannot petition her directly through I-130. You should explore if there are any waivers available. Please contact a local immigration attorney so that he could look at all the information before providing you with the options avaiable.

Thank you,

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.