Immigration Issues/In status or not?

While on my OPT, I for my H1B. There was a 4 month gap between my OPT expiration and October 1st. So i took admission in school and got an I-20 to stay in status. My change of status to H1B from F-1 got refused. Am I legal or illegal? I have I-20 that puts me in status but I got a H1b denial letter which puts me out of status. Please help.

Dear Haider: If you are continuing to maintain your full time student status, the denial of the H-1B does not matter. You continue to be on F-1 status.

Ramasamy Krishnan
Ashley & Krishnan
9801 Westheimer, Suite 302
Houston, TX 77042

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,