Immigration Issues/status

Question
Hi, Mr.Hay,
I am a U.S. citizen. My wife came as F1 student. After we got married here, she applied for her green card, which is still pending because of the background check. She got her advanced parole and we plan to visit her parents in China soon, and her parents want to visit U.S. right after that. But we are not sure that if my wife should invite her parents stating she is on F1 status or no status when her parents go to apply for the visa to the U.S. Thanks.

Answer
She is no longer in the USA on an F1. The F1 visa was terminated when the visa application for the greencard was accepted.  As such she will be allowed to leave the US and come back with her advance parole re-entry permit, and she can have her parents request a B visa to visit her in the US, but that makes no difference. They will grant the visa to her parents based not on your wife's current status, but on the probability of the parents returning to their home after a brief visit.

Good luck.

Alexander J. Hay