Immigration Issues/student visa into a green card

Question
My daughter's friend is here on a student "F" visa.. she has a 4 year scholarship to a school here but wants to get a green card as she plans to attend medical school here and would like to be able to work off campus as well... how can we turn her student visa into an actual green card?  Can my husband and I sponsor her into the country or something.. thanks so much for your help... I have no idea where to start to look for help here.. the current college is not a help as they are not wanting the international students to continue their education here past the 4 years they offer..

blessings,

Amy

Answer

Your daughter's friend can work on-campus part-time while she is a student. In addition, she would receive OPT for one year after graduation, which will allow her to work anywhere for one year. She should see the International Student Advisor at the university about this.

Re. employment after graduation (while she is in OPT), an H-1B petition can be filed for her by an employer where the position requires a relevant bachelor's degree to perform the job. The following website is helpful: http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/h-1b.cfm

The green card process can be started for her through the filing of a PERM application (in most cases the H-1B employer will be the sponsor). The following information is helpful: http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/perm.cfm

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora