You are here:

Immigration Issues/study visa to work visa-reg



If I take up a study visa (US,Canada, Aus), will I able to work in that particular country after the completion of the course, If I'm able to find an employer there on the basis of the certificate I get, or is it mandatory to get back to my home country?

Dear Rahul:
I can only answer for the process in the US. After you complete your degree program, you will be given a one year period to obtain work experience in your field in the US. After that period you can obtain a work permit to continue work and stay in the US. Provided you obtain an employer to sponsor your work visa. It is not a requirement for you to get back to your home country.


Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.