Immigration Issues/surname issue in passport and experience letters

Question
hi! Robert,
My passport was issued before my marriage. When I went for visa stamping(H4) i got my husband name added to my passport.
I don't really know, if i can have a new passport issued in USA and if I can, how much time it will take.
-------------------------------------------
The text above is a follow-up to ...

-----Question-----
Thanks Robert,
wouldn't they ask why the surname not being changed in the passport as my marriage certificate also contains the surname after marriage.
I am really confused, please tell me how the procedure goes?
The text above is a follow-up to ...

-----Question-----
I am on h4 visa currently and want to get my H1 in 2007.
The problem is my passport contains my maiden surname while all my experience letters contains my surname after marriage.Will this cause any problem when i submit the documents for getting my H1.
Please advise.
-----Answer-----
No just provide them with your birth certificate and marriage certificate.

Robert
-----Answer-----
Was your passport issued before or after marriage? If it was issued before, it is completely reasonable that you would fix it when it expires. Regardless, couldn't you just apply for new passport now?

Robert

Answer
You can try by callling the office of the Consulate General of your country in NY or Washington D.C. Otherwise, with your husband's name added, your birth certificate and your marriage certificate, I think they can determine it is the smae person and not give you hassles.

I have had these issues before at interviews in the States and it has not been a problem. I would check to see if you can get a new passport in a reasonable amount of time and if not bring all the above mentioned documents to the visa stamping.

Robert

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>