Immigration Issues/temperary green card status removal

Question
Hi, my wife has been in the state for almost two years and we recently filed the temperary green card status removal.Here is the situation, I was unemployed for the year of 2004 therefore i have no income and does not need to file tax.However i think this might threaten my application.I was thinking about file as self-employ (guitar instructor) and report some taxes. What do you think about the situation? I want to do whatever i can to avoid the interview.

thx

Answer
I think you are legally required to accurately report your income.  If you had income as a guitar instructor you must report it, if you did not, it is FRAUD to say that you did.

There is absolutely no way to ensure that you will not be interviewed (even if you made $250,000.00 last year you could (and depending on where in the US you are, probably would) be interviewed.

Do not make a potentially bad situation worse by attempting to lie about it.

James D. Mills, Esq.