Immigration Issues/travel


i recently applied to remove conditional status (I-751)-and have since received a "notice of action " which states "your alien card is extended one year-employment and travel authorized).
I'm planning a trip abroad (europe) - and i need to know what documents will i need to present except for my passport and my green card+ the new "notice of action"

The receipt notice authorizes travel and extends your status.  You can travel with the expired Green Card and the new Receipt Notice (AKA Notice of Action).  You also can go down to the Distict Office and get an I-551 stamp in your passport.  It is not necessary but it should not be difficult and if it makes you feel better, do it.  

I am assuming that there are no other issues that could render you inadmissable (crimes are the most common).

Jim Mills

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


James D. Mills, Esq.


I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.


I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997

©2017 All rights reserved.