Immigration Issues/visa


Followup To
Question -
Followup To
Question -
My boyfriend is a Mexican, and we are expecting our 3rd child. We have been told numerous different ways he could possible get a legal visa to be here. My question is what would be the most inexpensive, and quickest to obtain? I've been told about the fiance visa, the sponsorship, and of course the work visa. I want him to be able to become a citizen so I don't have to worry about immigration deporting him one day. Although it really doesn't matter to him one way or the other, but I would prefer him to be here legally.
Answer -
well I would need to know where he is and where you are.  Are you a US citizen?  I'm so sorry... I am in Maryland, USA....he is also...illegally. Yes I am a citizen, but he's not.
Answer -
Did he enter legally, and overstay his visa?  Or did he get smuggled in? He entered the country illegally....sneaking across the border and walking through the desert.....has never had a visa at all....but I would really like to get him a visa to be here legally in another way so we can take our time planning the wedding...the traditional catholic wedding,etc. I really don't want to wed when me belly is stucking out and I can't enjoy the reception after....

You need to talk to an attorney.  Your ideas about propriety are all backwards to me.  You need to get married.  Then petition for him.  Then he will have to go back to Mexico to get the visa issues.  He will require a waiver of excludability since he has been in the US illegally for so long.  Contrary to what people think, remaining in the US illegally does not help your case.  What would help his case is being legally married to a US citizen, and having children who depend upon his income for their care.

Best of luck.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]