You are here:

Immigration Issues/visiting USA on B1/B2 then getting married there


Hello Respected immegration lawyer,
Please help me out in this matter.

I am a canadian citizen now but i also have b1/b2 USA visa on my back home passport which i use to enter into the USA.

I am looking forward to marry a girl in USA she is a USA citizen.and i am looking forward to move with her into the USA.

Please guide me how should we proceed.

thank u and have a nice day

Dear Bashir:

I am not sure what you mean when you state "have b1/b2 USA visa on my back home passport". If you entered the US on a B-1/B-2 visa and not using the visa waiver program, you can marry the US citizen girl and adjust status without leaving the United States. But please keep in mind that there would be a query about your intention at the time of entry into the US. You would need to consult with an immigration attorney for further guidance on this issue.


Ramasamy Krishnan
Ashley & Krishnan
9801 Westheimer
Suite 302
Houston, TX 77042  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.