Immigration Issues/waiting for my i-485

Question
QUESTION: My current I-485 say: “Current Status: Fingerprints review completed. Review of the fingerprints taken relating to this I485 has been completed. Processing of this case continues”
I am reading this for almost 8 months. Is it normal?
Can I go back to my country for a couple weeks? Do I have to fill any form to get this authorization?
Thanks…

ANSWER: Not unless you get a prior re-entry permit.

As for timing and normality, no one can answer that question.

QUESTION: Thanks for the answer...
What is this prior re-emtry permit? Can I get that permit?
thank you

Answer
You are not supposed to leave the USA until your visa has been finalized. However, you can file for a Advanced Re-entry Permit. This allows you leave and come back without abandoning your visa application here.  Technically, there should be some sort of "emergency", however, since they are taking so long to process these applications, it is my understanding that they have loosened up the requirements considerably, and give them to virtually anyone who properly applies.

Alexander J. Hay