Immigration Issues/wavier to return to USA after interview

Question
I believe we will go to the counsulate in Juarez, Mexico.  What is the wavier I keep hearing about in order for her to return with me to the USA?  I also have been told that it takes about 12 to 18 months just to get an answer.  In which she will have to stay in Mexico until they give notification if she has been accepted or denied.  Then she must stay in Mexico either 3 to 10 years, depending on what they want...  Is this actually true?  Please can you help me with information about this wavier and with anything else?

Answer
I-212 is for someone with a deport order or someone who has committed fraud. I-601 is for someone who was illegally here fore mroe than 180 days. They are subject to a 3 yearbar without a pardon. If they stayed here more than a year illegally and then left, they are subject to a 10 year bar without a pardon. From the time of the immigrant visa interview and filing of the I-601 it will take 9-12 months to get a decision. UIf they approve, she can get the visa and come here. If they deny it, she willbe barred for 3 or 10 years depending on how long she was here illegally.

Robert  

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>