Immigration Issues/work visa


Hello James

I have a small business here in the usa and I want to employ someone from the UK what forms do  need to submit and is this something I can do my self or should I cunsult an attorney. This person wants to buy my business as well as I will be retireing in a few years should she buy it while she is here working then apply for her stay here I'm really not sure on the proper procedures, I would appreceate any advice you can give me,



The best bet is probably to apply for an E2 if she buys the business now.  If not, there are many other possibilities but all have advantages, disadvantages and limitations.  The question is too broad to adequately address over a message board.  You really need to schedule a consulation with an attorney who handles business immigration.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


James D. Mills, Esq.


I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.


I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]