Immigration Issues/work visa


I do appreciate your speedy response. What then is the next step.  Should I get a lawyer to do the necessary filing or should the school do this?  If I am to do this, would you be able to do it or if not could you recommend an immigration lawyer?  About how long this temporaty H visa would take?  Thank you.
Followup To
Question -
A school in the US is interested in offering me an job at a school as a teacher/researcher.  I have a Bachelors degree and pursuing a Masters degree on line at a university in the US.  Is there a chance for me taking up this job?
Answer -
If the school is willing to sponsor you, I suspect you should have no problem getting a temporary H visa.  The Permanent Visa could be more difficult, but not impossible.  Just start early, and get the terms worked out with the school before you go.  They may not be willing to commit to sponsoring you for the Permanent Visa until you get there, so you may need to be prepared to stay only up to 3 to 5 years.

Best of luck.

I would love the opportunity to represent you, and I am confident that you would be given a visa.  However, the Petitioner for the Temporary Visa is not the foreigner, but the US employer.  So it is the US employer who usually selects the lawyer, and these are usually selected using the criteria established by the employer, which I doubt I will qualify for (since I do not "contribute" to middle management).

Don't worry about any of that. If you convince them that they need you they will lie, cheat and steal to get you here.  Most of the lieing will probably be to you?!????  But that is life.

Best of luck.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]