Immigration Issues/wrong birth date in h4 paper

Question
Respected Mr.Arora
while transfering my visa status from h1 to h4 i have got wrong birth date on i-94 coloum.now what should i do? if i will send back to correct it how many days it will take?is it nessary to take priority date for stamping,as my father is not well i would like to visit for very short time?can i visit india with error in my birth date?if any bad condition i have to go than what?
thankyou for taking care.

Answer

When you send I-94 back to the USCIS for correction, do not send the original I-94; send only a copy. It will take about 2 or 3 months for the error to be corrected by the USCIS.

You will be able to travel without any problem whether or not the birthdate on the I-94 is correct or not. When applying for the H-4 visa at the Consulate abroad, if you do not have corrected I-94 by that time you should still be issued a visa with the correct birthdate if you point out to the Consulate officer that the I-94 has incorrect birthdate.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora