Increasing Your Creativity/Publishing

Question
I'm a writer out of personal interest but I want to turn that personal interest into something more. I was hoping you could help me figure out how to get published. I want people to actually pick up my stories and read them but I don't know how to contact a publishing company or if I'll need to invest money into getting published. Can you help me out?
Mikki

Answer
There are many ways to publish your writing these days. You can sign up for CreateSpace and self publish your books via Amazon's free print on demand service. Your book will be available immediately on Amazon.
You can purchase a book on self publishing and do it yourself.
You can search online for a list of publishers that work with new writers in your genre and query them.
How you publish depends on what you want from the publisher. Self published books are more accepted these days but there are still drawbacks. Many bookstores and libraries do not carry self published books. If your book isn't in stores people won't see it. They won't know it exists and so it will not sell.
No matter how you publish your book has to be on Amazon but that alone will not boost sales. There are millions of books there now and the numbers grow by the hour.
The key to sales is marketing. How will readers know your book exists? That's the question all new authors face today and I am struggling with that myself.  

Increasing Your Creativity

Bobbi Carducci