Increasing Self-Esteem/Self esteem

I am a male. I have a small frame and thin build. I am a personal trainer but am having trouble finding acceptance as smaller male. When I try to get clients or share my knowledge I get comments like your too thin to know anything about fitness. Women call me scrawny and say they want a buff guy who can protect them. I can protect them too but they cant see past frame. Even though I have 6 percent bodyfat and my bmi actually says im overweight. The muscle mass isnt visible. Being called skinny all the time is really hurting my self-esteem and my feelings. How can I handle this.

Hi Anthony,

I wonder whether you should change your job to a self-defence course trainer, where you can use your body size to sell your skills as a self-defence trainer in judo or karate. What do you think?

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist.
Hon. Editor of
The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia.
Author of "Getting off the Hook"
Freely available at Google Book Search
Skype: jurplesman

Increasing Self-Esteem

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Depression, Anxiety Attacks and Self-Esteem Problems, Drug Addiction and Alcoholism, Gambling, as well as the whole gamut of personality disorders.

Author of the book "Getting off the Hook". It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. My articles can be found at:

BA (Psych) (University of Sydney), Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)