Increasing Self-Esteem/low self esteem nervousness

Question
Age 21

Gender male

Before two years, I was diagnosed with anxiety. At that time my main problems were, lack of sleep, mood swings, lack of confidence, headaches and panic attacks. I visited a psychiatrist, they prescribed me Escitalopram (cipralex). I then started to take cipralex. After taking that medicine for three to four months, my condition has been just fabulous. I went to doctor to inform him that I am alright now. Doctor told me not to discontinue the medicine now, so I continued taking that medicine for next six months, after six months, i visited the doctor again, he told me to gradually discontinue the medicine, so slowly slowly i began to discontinue that medicine (after taking it for more than nine months). After I stopped taking Escitalopram, my condition was good.

But now after one year, i am feeling A little shyness and panic attack feelings. When i have to face a big crowd alone (just like going to the stage and facing a huge viewers alone) i feel so anxious at that time, i just feel that i will lose my conScious now, i will fall down , my hearth and breathing become a liTtle fast. please give me some tips on how to behave and what to do when you come to know that you are going to lose your conSciousness or going to suffer a panic attack. BecauSe after few weeks, i am going to my police training(starting my career as police), where i have a face a lot of crowd because at that place, there will be at least 450 students with ME for training.

ThatS why i am little nervous, please help me, i will be thankful to you.

Answer
first shyness is not a bad quality as such. at your age it is quite natural. re: anxiety when facing large groups; there is a good method and simple. Breathing deeply and slowly. you can take deep breaths and exhale thro' mouth. do it for five times, three times a day. this reduces anxiety.
all these feelings are temporary phases in life and will change when you mature to understand that no event can upset you. it is your reactions, yours body's bundle of learnt responses based on past memory.

easy to reprogram your mind: each time you feel anxious, breathe deeply and think of something you like. it may appear illogical and disconnected but it works.

good luck

Increasing Self-Esteem

Ravindra