Increasing Self-Esteem/Confidence with Shortness

Is there any advantages to being short?
I'm 20, 4'8" and I look like an 8 year old also I have never looked older than 11.

I stopped growing at 14 and all my friends kept growing and now they are much taller and look much older than me.

I feel out of place with my friends because I don't look half my age compared to them and my 12 year old sister is taller (at 5 Feet) and looks older than me.

Good day Victoria,

The best thing that you can do is to accept the fact that you can not change your height.  In fact, women stop growing between ages 18-21. So simply focus on the advantages of being YOUR height (eg., people will do things for you like reach up and hand  you the box of cereal and who doesn't love to be catered to?  Make a deliberate effort to change your focus and perspective especially since that is something that you cannot change.  Make your thoughts work for you and not against you.  

Best wishes,
Brenda Douglas

Increasing Self-Esteem

Brenda Douglas

It would be my pleasure to answer questions that will help you to love and celebrate your uniqueness as I have a passion for serving as a confidence coach and answering questions that will help you to live a victorious lifestyle without compromising high standards. Growing in confidence involves developing cognitively, physically, emotionally, socially, and professionally. Building your self-esteem is a lifelong commitment that takes diligent effort.

I am the Founder of Royalty which is an organization that empowers and refines women who are everyday leaders; through interactive workshops, seminars, and courses; a Confidence Coach, and the author of the Everyday Leaders blog at and Recognize Royalty at,

Royalty, Inc.

Personal experience