Increasing Self-Esteem/My future job

I am desperate to become some kind of dactor or gp, or something in the medical workplace, but i also love writing! I enjoy thinking about storys and i would love to become a part time gp, part time author! But how do i become an author? Will people like my stories? How do i start with becoming any kind of writer? No one around my home town will ever notice what i really want to di? So how do i do it? Any ideas? Please help me! Thanks!

Hi Mary,

This is somewhat outside my area of expertise. I don't see why you cannot be both a doctor and a writer. I feel that perhaps you should first concentrate on becoming a doctor, as you will have little time to write while you are studying.  It is a pity you did not state your age. I suggest you read:

Values Clarification

It may give you some ideas whereby our values are.

Jurriaan Plesman BA (Psych) Post Grad Dip Clin Nutrition
Editor of the Hypoglycemic Association of Australia
Also at Facebook:  

Increasing Self-Esteem

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Depression, Anxiety Attacks and Self-Esteem Problems, Drug Addiction and Alcoholism, Gambling, as well as the whole gamut of personality disorders.

Author of the book "Getting off the Hook". It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. My articles can be found at:

BA (Psych) (University of Sydney), Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)