Increasing Self-Esteem/self-concious

Hello. My name is Sharpie. I ma 17 years old. I try to boost myself up and try to make myself feel good, but it gets harder and harder. I find myself beating myself up at times over stupid things and not seeing myself in the positive light I used to. I feel like I have lots of problems. I try to make myself feel better by trying to talking to someone, but it feels like there is nobody around who will listen to me and understand what i'm going through. I want to get over this, but I haven't been able to. Do you have any advice?

Hi Sharpie,

It's not unusual for a young person to beat himself/herself over what seem like stupid things. It's part of the growing up process. We've all felt awkward and silly over various things as we matured.

The challenge is to realize that everyone has problems in life that we all need to deal with them to the best of our abilities. I've written a couple of articles that may help you. Have a look:

All the best to you!  

Increasing Self-Esteem

Zorka Hereford

I can answer questions pertaining to a healthy self-concept, personal development and how to think critically about your life choices.

I've written a book "9 Essential Life Skills - A Guide for Personal Development and Self-Realization". I worked a combined twenty years for a top financial institution and a number one communications company where I acquired excellent leadership and training and development skills.

Toastmasters International

Visit my website at to read my many personal development articles.

I've obtained a Bachelor of Arts Degree with studies in philosophy and psychology as well as a college Business Management Diploma.