Increasing Self-Esteem/hi. I'm a 8th grade girl who wants to have high self esteem

I don't know whats really wring, but I'm shy and people say that I look sad. So I'm trying to get my self esteem up and can you give me some tips?

Hi Amy,

Many young people are shy and self-conscious at your age. It does take practice to develop social skills and a friendly demeanor.

If people are telling you that you look sad, however, you could make the effort to smile more often, be friendly, and be aware of your moods. Some people show their moods on their faces which often appear as sadness, anger, or other less desirable states.

Have a look at a couple of my articles that might give you some tips:

Hope it helps!

All the best,

Increasing Self-Esteem

Zorka Hereford

I can answer questions pertaining to a healthy self-concept, personal development and how to think critically about your life choices.

I've written a book "9 Essential Life Skills - A Guide for Personal Development and Self-Realization". I worked a combined twenty years for a top financial institution and a number one communications company where I acquired excellent leadership and training and development skills.

Toastmasters International

Visit my website at to read my many personal development articles.

I've obtained a Bachelor of Arts Degree with studies in philosophy and psychology as well as a college Business Management Diploma.