Increasing Self-Esteem/Is this OK?

I dont really have any problems, and that is my problem! At 58, I have a good job, a nice home, loving wife, and two great adult kids. My health has also improved and I am losing weight and working out. I do have adult ADD, which my be part of my 'problem'. Since I drive for a living all over the city, I dont care to drive in my own car much-I would rather walk to the mall. I used to play golf and slow pitch but was never very good so I cand of stopped. I have one close friend but he is always busy, which is fine by me.My 'problem' is that I seem to be quite content to spend my free time just reading, just chillaxin with my wife, and doing as little as possible. I wish we had grandkids, but that may or may not happen. I have no hobbies except reading and watching sports on TV. Maybe I am over thinking this, or feel guilty. Most of my associates are have  busy lives and are not as calm and settled as me. I had a pretty rough childhood, we were poor, and moved a lot. Maybe thats part of it. Anyway, thank you so much for any thoughts or coaching!

Hi Bud,

Since you don't mention a particular problem, and since this is a Self-Esteem category and therefore slightly off topic, all I can do is give you my opinion.

If you are content and relatively happy I see no reason for you to feel guilty about your life style or activity choices. You are hurting no one and you seem to appreciate your wife, children and life in general. I'd say you are doing quite well.

All the best!

Increasing Self-Esteem

Zorka Hereford

I can answer questions pertaining to a healthy self-concept, personal development and how to think critically about your life choices.

I've written a book "9 Essential Life Skills - A Guide for Personal Development and Self-Realization". I worked a combined twenty years for a top financial institution and a number one communications company where I acquired excellent leadership and training and development skills.

Toastmasters International

Visit my website at to read my many personal development articles.

I've obtained a Bachelor of Arts Degree with studies in philosophy and psychology as well as a college Business Management Diploma.