India (News & Politics)/Where did the "Naidoo" surname originate from ?

Devan wrote at 2014-10-09 14:29:07
NAIDOO is a derivative of NAYA a sanscrit word that means prominent person or leader. the DU in NAYADU comes from the telegu dialect indicating male gender. NAYADU, NAIDU and NAIDOO are the variations of the same surname. In South Africa NAIDOO became a popular surname due to the immigration officials who were too lazy or didn't bother with the original family names and simply asked for 'clan' name. NAYADU or NAIDU is normally associated with TELEGU speaking families and NAIDOO with TAMIL.  

India (News & Politics)

Mrunal