Indian Culture/OM tattoo

Harvey, like the burger wrote at 2013-03-06 18:33:38
Hey Mark,

I also have an OM tattoo on my foot, believe it or not (*had).

I had very similar reasons to you, in fact. And I enjoyed having it for sometime.

I'm also a spiritual tattoo artist (and Indian) and had no idea about how (oversimplification) bad it would be to have it on the top of my foot!

Firstly, it's super taboo in Indian culture. I didn't know this until I was in a fashion show, walking with exposed feet,and had large amounts of people shocked by it. (although I don't particularly care for this, it's my tattoo for ME and not for others)

Secondly, the Buddha has it on the bottom of his foot for a reason: to be one with the Earth. To have it on the top of your foot is basically a dirty spot, and will affect your peace (another oversimplification, if I find the book where this is stated again, I'll let you know).

But yeah, I covered up mine last night with a rose. Things have been better since, actually.

Not to mention that it's a foot tattoo, which not only means it hurts more (thin skin), but it also means that it very easily fades away, making for frequent, painful touchups and the like.

Wish you all the best with whatever decisions you decide to make about this, and feel free to give me a shout if you have any further questions about spiritual tattoos!

Indian Culture

Indian culture could be a subject for a lifetime, but I can answer general questions regarding the Indian culture. I can answer questions relating to relationships, family, religion, and education in the context of the Indian culture.I have lived in the US for about 10 years and therefore can answer some cross-culture type questions.

I was born and raised in India. I lived in India for about 25 years before I came to the US. I lived in the US for 10 years, but in those ten years, I had closed ties in India, so I am quite familiar with the Indian culture and the mainstream Indian society. I have always been fascinated by culture and diversity, so I can give a critical analysis of some of the cross cultural issues. I have conducted culture related training programs to educate visitors to India.

Bachelor in Computers