Indian Culture/ancestry and gotra

Question
QUESTION: Hi,
I want to know to which gotra does people with surname Brishan belong and also if you could help me with little background and ancestry. All I know is that they are from Allahabad.

ANSWER: Hi Abhilasha,

Surprisingly I haven't been able to trace any Indians with that surname. Yes, there are quite a few with the first name as Brishan. Can you please tell me more like where you came across this surname, is there anything else that you can share?

Vani

QUESTION: I came across the Brishans in Bangalore.  However, their forefathers are from Allahabad. They went ahead and adopted Christianity. That's all that I am aware about.

ANSWER: Hi Abhilasha,

Sorry for the delay but I ran a check with few acquaintances in Allahabad who have lived there for decades, according to them the Brishans hail from Punjab. In fact they haven't come across many in Allahabad.

Vani

QUESTION: Hi Vani,

Would you be able to check their gotra.

Answer
Extremely sorry Abhilasha,

But my friends and acquaintances who are Punjabis haven't been able to say with certainty what gotra do they belong to.

Am keeping this open and research continues, will get back moment I have a concrete reply.

Vani

Indian Culture

Vani