Indian Law/property dispute

Question
Sir, I had purchased a flat and the property was registered jointly with my father, first applicant being my self. I have applied for a loan and my father is the co-app for the said loan. My father sold a property which was owned by him and invested the proceeds in the present property purchased. Last year all of a sudden my father expired due to heart attack and my fahter and mother were staying in the purchased property along with my sister since mine is a transferable job. now my mother and sister are going against me and are niether vacating the property nor paying rent. I hav been paying the EMi for the loan from my salary account. Kindly advice me how to proceed further. We three are the legal hiers for my father (i.e) self, mother and sister.

regards,
Ravindar G

Answer
Dear Ravinder
As your father's legal heirs, your mother and sister gets a share of your father's share, that is you are the majority owner with your own share and 1/3'rd owner of your father's share. Having said that your mother and sister is at liberty to live in the house on which they have part ownership. I suggest you file a partition suit to divide the property. That is the way forward for you.  

Indian Law

Advocate Manoj Ambat