Indian Law/Property investment

Question
Hello sir,
I thank you for reading my email and helping me to make a decision.
I am 29 year old male residing in United States. My parents are retired and live in India.
I am buying some real estate property in India to tune of 75 lakhs. I am an Indian citizen myself but am in the process of getting a US greencard.
I would like to buy property under my dads name. Ultimately the property is mine as I don't have any brothers or  sisters. I want to know if there are any problems involved. And when the assets gets transferred eventually, would there be any legal fee or tax or another big fee that I need to know about?
I want to buy the money in their name because once I get greencard I would be taxed on my property both in India and America .
My dad also owns 2 more property in India from the money I transferred to me from USA.

Thanks
Any other suggestions will help.

Answer
If your father is a citizens of India, then certainly you can purchase immovable property in your father's name at any place in India except J&K.However,the said property will remain in the name of your father, since Conveyance-Deed is to be executed in his name.Moreover, he should have a PAN and Income-Tax Clearence Certificate for the purpose. subsequently, he can transfer his right/interest in the said property to anybody including yourself through a Gift-Deed,WILL,Conveyance-Deed etc.An NRI can hold immovable property in India subject to compliance with the FEMA and other applicable laws.For further details, please consult an advocate conversant with the property laws as well as FEMA..

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra